Serving Western NC and the greater Asheville Area - Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
While all mold and mildew are unsightly and gross, some forms pose dangerous health hazards for you and your family. It’s wise to learn how to detect mold and mildew before they colonize and establish permanent residency in your home.
Here are three tips to help you decide whether a good cleaning will clear the air or if you should call in the professionals to test your home for harmful species.
Mold and mildew can grow and thrive in any natural environment where moisture is present. These spores especially like damp dark places like under bathroom counters and in cabinets.
Any moisture-rich environment invites mold and mildew growth. That’s why bathrooms, kitchens, basements, crawl spaces and laundry rooms provide the perfect climate for mold and mildew problems to develop and flourish. It is common to see mold growing on shower tiles and other surfaces that have regular contact with water, but you may have to do a bit of detective work to locate other sources. Look for plumbing leaks under sinks, moisture damage around windows and missing sections of tile grout that allow water to seep into the drywall around the tub or shower.
Mold and mildew emit a distinctive, earthy smell. Even if you don’t see black or green mold, when your bathrooms smell musty and damp, you may have hidden colonies in your walls or under the flooring. If the smell in your home indicates the presence of mold, it is important to contact the professionals as soon as possible.
ServiceMaster of Buncombe County professionals have the expertise and equipment to purify your air and protect your health from mold and mildew. If you suspect you have a mold or mildew problem in your Arden, Black Mountain, Biltmore Lakes or surrounding area home, call us to schedule a mold test today.
Timely, professional and good quality work.