Top 5 Things To Have Ready In Case Of A Flood
Water damage can either be a small leak or a flood. Being prepared with these top 5 tips!
- Under a sink is a valve that cuts water off to the sink. If there is a leak under your sink, that is the valve to turn off.
- Another valve is at your water heater. There can be several valves near your water heater. Before you need to turn them off randomly, turn one off at a time and label each valve.
- The third valve is the water cut-off valve for the entire house. The valve is usually at the road at a corner of your property. Many times, the valve requires a wrench to turn it off. On a side note, carefully open the lid for the water cut-off valve since animals like cool wet places.
- Have old towels somewhere in your home to sop up water that spilled. Keeping the water from travelling across the floor and getting wicked up walls will limit damage.
- Have the number for ServiceMaster of Buncombe County handy. Post (828) 252-5330 on your water heater, on your refrigerator, and in your cellphone.
We are here to help with any disaster. We take you from Disaster to Done!