Serving Western NC and the greater Asheville Area - Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
You don’t have to be able to see mold in your home to have it affect your health. “Mold” is a catch-all term that is actually used to describe a wide range of fungi. The spores released by mold in your home can potentially make you or your loved ones sick, and, in the cases of long-term exposure, have extremely negative effects on people with skin conditions like eczema, asthma, or other respiratory conditions.
Mold can grow anywhere in your home where dampness accumulates, usually under bathroom or kitchen sinks. A leaky roof can also be a culprit that causes mold to develop above your ceiling or in the walls. If you notice a damp, musty smell developing in your house, it’s a good idea to call a certified specialist to test for mold right away.
Here are 5 health risks that are commonly associated with household mold:
To remove mold from your home, you will need a specialist to locate the source. Our experts may recommend necessary repairs to ensure that once the mold is dealt with, it doesn’t come back. Contact us immediately if you think you might have a mold problem in your home and schedule an inspection.
I’ve had a great experience with ServiceMaster so far. Everyone I have worked with from your team has been friendly, courteous, professional and helpful. I’ve been able to schedule work with you very quickly and yet you have been very flexible and accommodating to changes and delays (on my end) as they have come up. Thanks for the great service you provide!