Serving Western NC and the greater Asheville Area - Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week

How Residual Smoke Odors Could be Harming Your Health  

smoke

Smoke from a house fire can leave behind odors that are extremely difficult to remove. Without proper treatment, the smell from smoke can stick to your household items indefinitely. Not only does the offensive odor last, it can also cause serious health problems for anyone in your home. Here are a few of the ways that residual smoke smells can harm your health:

Health Hazards of Residual Smoke Odors

  • Asthma: Smoke smells release a variety of toxins that irritate the lungs. If you have people who suffer from asthma living with you, it's important to get the smoke pollution cleaned up as soon as possible to avoid further outbreaks of asthma. And even if no one suffers from asthma, the lingering smells of smoke can cause respiratory problems.
  • Allergies: Smoke odors can heighten allergies for everyone in the household. A few symptoms of allergies may include watery eyes, congestion, itchiness, and sneezing.
  • Cancer: Chemicals from smoke can release carcinogenic compounds such as acrylonitrile.

Who is Most Affected by Smoke Smell?

Everyone who walks into your home can be affected by smoke odors.

If your home is affected by smoke residue, don't try tackle the problem alone. The health of you and your loved ones comes first. Contact the cleanup experts at ServiceMaster of Buncombe County to get a free quote for removing smoke odors from your home or business.


  • blog
  • How Residual Smoke Odors Could be Harming Your Health  
  • Side Menu

    It is rare to see each member of a crew simultaneously perform their work in such a timely and careful manner, I was so pleased with the care that was taken with my condo and would definitely recommend Kim and his crew to other residents of the neighborhood. 

    Than you for a job well done!

    Susan Jackson | View All Customer Reviews

    ServiceMaster of Buncombe County Water Damage Services

    READ POST

    Floods Happen. Call ServiceMaster of Buncombe County

    READ POST

    DIY Can Be BAD

    READ POST
    {
      "get": {
        "PostID": "1011604"
      },
      "cookie": {
        "visitorDeviceClass": "desktop",
        "ASP.NET_SessionId": "1dqgb0tfkef2vkzjbhncfzdd",
        "ANONID_FS2716853": "25.08.2019 22:46:30.542",
        "ANONID2716853": "ab125724-9c74-47ca-aa79-382f836c5b21",
        "VISID2716853": "63348eff-df09-460b-abb3-9dc1121eee80#www.servicemasterasheville.com#25.08.2019 22:46:30.542"
      },
      "site": {
        "id": 2716853,
        "name": "ServiceMaster Asheville",
        "host": "www.servicemasterasheville.com",
        "countryCode": "US",
        "language": "EN",
        "dateNow": "2019-08-25T18:46:30.5422061"
      },
      "visitor": {
        "deviceClass": "desktop",
        "ip": "3.83.192.109",
        "country": "US",
        "city": "Ashburn",
        "userAgent": "CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/)",
        "referrer": "/"
      },
      "cart": {
        "cartUrl": "/OrderRetrievev2.aspx?CatalogueID=0"
      },
      "user": {
        "entityId": 0,
        "firstname": "",
        "middleName": "",
        "lastname": "",
        "fullname": "",
        "username": "",
        "email": "",
        "email2": "",
        "email3": "",
        "customerType": {},
        "leadSourceType": {},
        "industryType": {},
        "ratingType": {},
        "isWholesaler": false,
        "isLoggedIn": false
      }
    }