How To Handle A Leak In Your Home
How do you handle a leak in your home?
- Find where the leak is coming from and turn off the water.
- Move items out of the line of the water. Salvage as many items as you can from sitting in water.
- Use towels or a wet/dry vacuum to remove the water you can see.
- Since water seeps into cracks in floors and wicks up walls in the drywall, you will need to contact a mitigation company to remove the water and lower the humidity.
- Use a mitigation company that has a good ranking and has IICRC certified employees.
- Call your insurance company for an adjuster to be assigned to your loss.