Serving Western NC and the greater Asheville Area - Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
Do you have mold in your home? If you do, you may be tempted to remove it yourself, using common household cleaners, like bleach. Unfortunately, mold is not easy to remove, especially if it covers a large area, and removing it as a DIY project may actually worsen the problem and can also be extremely hazardous to your health. Here are a few reasons why you should leave the mold cleanup to the professionals.
Bathrooms and kitchens tend to develop mold faster than the other rooms in your home because the surfaces get wet often and may not always be promptly dried. If you find an area of mold in your kitchen, bathroom or another room in your house, it is not best to try to remove it yourself. This is because disturbing mold infestations can cause the mold to become airborne if the proper procedures are not taken. Once the mold is airborne, it can be spread throughout your home via the central air ducts.
Symptoms of mold exposure include skin rashes, difficulty breathing and an increase in sinus congestion. You may also experience throat irritation. For individuals with pre-existing breathing problems and allergies to mold, these symptoms can become severe.
The type of equipment required for effective mold cleanup is not something you’ll find under your kitchen counter with the cleaning supplies. In order to safely and effectively remove mold, the right equipment needs to be used, and this includes wearing eye protection, face masks that filter mold spores and gloves as well as other items in order to prevent mold contact with the skin. Fans and air scrubbers also need to be used in order to ventilate the rooms, and cleaning supplies and other tools must be used to ensure the mold is killed thoroughly and removed.
If you find a large area of visible mold in your home, it is best to call our mold remediation experts so that all the mold spores can be removed safely and effectively without compromising the rest of your home. To learn more about our mold remediation services, contact us today!
I’ve had a great experience with ServiceMaster so far. Everyone I have worked with from your team has been friendly, courteous, professional and helpful. I’ve been able to schedule work with you very quickly and yet you have been very flexible and accommodating to changes and delays (on my end) as they have come up. Thanks for the great service you provide!